Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christmas/Winter Wonderland

This year for Christmas we had planned on going to Spokane to Adam's brother house. Our plans quickly changed with all the snow that came Spokane's way the week of Christmas. So then we planned to maybe go to Vegas the day after and spend it with his dad...and that didn't happen either, we actually got snowed in in Rexburg, so we got to spend Christmas with just the two of us. Which was a little different not being surrounded by family, but it was good, we watched Joy to the World in the morning while we had milkshakes (Gooch family tradition) we played in the snow for a while, and then pretty much watched Heroes the rest of the night. We did get to go to my sisters house for Christmas Eve though. So it was good that we were able to be with some family for that, and it was a lot of fun...she has two boys and it was so fun to watch them act out the Nativity while their dad read it from the scriptures.

We also did Christmas a little different this year, we kind of made Christmas presents a month long thing. Adam graduated at the beginning of the month, and I got him a picture that was for graduation/Christmas, and then I bought myself a really cute clock from Deseret Book (I got a steal of a deal) And the Sunday before Christmas we went to my parents house because John & Meagan blessed their baby, so we had a mini celebration with my family, my parents gave us our presents and we gave them theirs. And then Adam surprised me two nights before Christmas with a beautiful stone nativity set, that he wanted me to open that night so we could enjoy it for a couple days before we packed all the Christmas stuff away. So a month later....I'm here to say we had a great Christmas, not to mention both of us got about a week and a half of paid vacation, which was a first, so it was great to sit around the whole time and make money off of it.

King of the Hill
We didn't move two of our cars (next to the blue car) for maybe 3 days, and they almost got covered....it snowed so much


This is my parents present from us kids, we got them the picture of George Washington, Prayer at Valley Forge, my dad is so cute when it comes to presents--he always gets teary eyed, especially this year because they told us not to get them anything because this year has been a little rough on everyone with the economy how it is, so when we pulled out this big box he got emotional even before he saw what it was...and continued to do so after he saw what it was. He's been wanting this picture forever.

My Parents with some of the grandkids...Kennedy, Layton, Kaylee & ToriEric, Lincoln, Adam & Kaylee

5 comments:

k.young said...

What a fun Christmas! Look at all that snow! Wow. We have barely had any here in Colorado. Are you guys planning on staying in Rexburg for a while?

Jess and Whitni said...

I'm glad the two of you had a great Christmas Michelle =0) That is such a sweet gift to get your parents, I'm sure it meant alot to them. And wow! I cannot believe how much snow you guys got!! I thought we had a ton down here in Utah... but you guys really got the bad end of those storms!!! I'm glad to see you guys are doing good... can't wait to see you again!

Daniel & Shandi said...

your family is so cute! I can't believe how much snow you had/have!!! It looks like so much fun though. I'm glad you were able to enjoy paid vacation...it's the best. Well I hope you are doing well.

Mary Richardson said...

I had no idea it snowed that much, I mean you said it snowed but holy smokes! That picture is funny with the cars! Ok what kind of best friend/sister are you?! I talk to you every day at least once and you didn't even tell me like any of those stories...haha!

Unknown said...

haha! It's 30 below in Rexburg and it's 21 degrees here! I could practically be running around in my swimming suit it's so warm! We SO have to live in Arizona some day! Kapeesh?!