Friday, January 30, 2009

Good Times

We've had a busy week. Last weekend we went to Rupert and had a blast. We went straight to the high school, my little brother had a basketball game against Minico's rivals....Burley...dun dun dun. And it was AMAZING! It was SO much fun! both the JV and Varsity games were so close...the varsity game came down to the last possession...which was us--we won. And I was so proud of my little bro...he's such a stud--he's 6'10 and he had like 10 blocks all night ...and a ton of rebounds. The gym was packed...I love going to high school basketball games. There were a few of us that were able to go home that weekend...Mary and Brian and John and Meagan & Kaylee were also able to go, so it was so much fun being with everybody. It was just a fun lazy, wii playing, and basketball filled sort of a weekend. Sunday was a good day also, my cousin Brooke left on a mission this last week--so she spoke in church on Sunday, and it was so good, it was probably one of the best talks I've heard. She is going to be such a good missionary--I'm excited for her. It was fun to see a lot of extended family also.

It's funny that the weather has been good for about two or three weeks...and then once we plan to leave for the weekend...it gets ugly and stormy. We left early on Sunday to head back before it got dark, and the roads were just horrible. It took us about an hour to go 20 miles, there were a lot of bad wrecks and cars off the road a long the way, so we made a smart decision to turn back and go back on Monday. Which I didn't mind...I got a snow day from work. Then Tuesday was fun...when we got up to go to work we walked outside and couldn't even breath because it burned your chest...our cars wouldn't start...school was let out...it was -35 degrees outside. So we decided it is really time for us to move on in ours lives and get out of here--so Adam went to a career fair in Provo on Wednesday and was able to talk with a lot of companies, so hopefully something good can come out of that.

3 comments:

Jess and Whitni said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend in Rupert, I was so bummed out that we weren't able to be there for Brooke's farewell talk. Jess and I started the drive up there but then had to turn around because the weather was so bad! =0( Yes I will keep my eye open for jobs down here for you and Adam. That would be so awesome if you guys lived so close by!!!

tutus n bowties said...

Good ol Rupert how I miss it!

Daniel & Shandi said...

Hey! We are great friends with the cooper family. It was so much fun to have everyone there for them and their great news.
How have you been?