Monday, March 30, 2009

Vacation

I finally hit my year mark at work and got a little vacation time...that was very muchly needed. It was so much fun...we were able to see a lot of family...but it was SUPER busy--we went from one place to another. Within that week I believe I slept at 5 different houses. Me and my sister Rachel had a craft fair this last Friday and Saturday. So the Friday before (the 20th) we went to Rupert so we could get all of our picture frames done, thank goodness for our dad who is a master woodworker :) we were able to bust out about 50 picture frames in about 4 hours. Here are some action shots of the process...we had a little system going:

My dad would cut the frames out....

Austin was over the nail gun and put them together....
Rachel and I would take turns sanding while the other one painted...because after a while your hand would go numb....
Melanie came along to help out also...I'll post the final products in a little bit. That Saturday after we got finished, I went to Pocatello to Rachel's house to do a few more things for the frames--then that night my friend Stafford had a reception there that we went to, I was able to see a few of my high school friends...that I haven't seen since high school--so it was fun to be there. Thats how the week started....

2 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

that looks like so much fun..a lot of work! :) You'll have to post the after pictures. I would love to see how they turned out.

You are so very creative!!

The Farmer's said...

Hey looks like you guys had fun. You def. needed a vacation Michelle. But, we're glad you're back!! Time for poker night.