Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sugar Beet for Halloween

For this Halloween we decided to unload trucks and trucks filled with Beets. We actually did this for the entire month of October. It was the best time of my life...I decided I want to be a big sugar beet when I grow up. We started at about 7 am work until about 10 at night. Standing all day in the cold while Michelle was in a heated shack with chairs; greatest time of my life. It was good money though so I can't complain. Well enough said...just take a look at how fun this was.


This is the crew that ran the piler. Adam-operator, Aaron-platform worker, Michelle-Tear Shack boss, Melanie-Tear Shacker helper
Michelle hard at work...

Adam hard at work...Adam with his co-worker. Talk about a lot of beets huh?
Michelle with her little baby sister. This is the end of one of our piles we made. We made two of these, probably about 300 yards long too!
Well that is it. Now you know what some of the harvest is all about.

4 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

D-A-N-G...that's about all I can say. Wow...way to work!

Jess and Whitni said...

WOW you are hard workers, nice job! Good work Michelle - sleeping takes a lot of energy out of ya, way to be a trooper! =)

Heather Nielson said...

those are awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Heather

Mary Richardson said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE when Adam does the posts he is so freakin funny! Those pictures are so hilarious--you're making them look all cool and intense:) That looks like a fun crew! I love Aaron!