Friday, June 22, 2012

My Birthday!

I turned 26 this year..which is so weird to me! We are getting so old...yet I still feel like I am and still act 18! But I honestly had the BEST birthday this year!  Adam really did spoil me rotten. I just love birthdays! I started out the day opening presents, and then we spent a while out at the pool, and then we went to the train station place, pretty much it was just nice to be outside and it was really pretty there. And then he took me to dinner ate Red Lobster...oh my gosh I love that place! And he had one surprise for me that he wouldn't tell me all day. So we are driving around and let me remind you...Scottsdale is a VERY ritzy place! Seriously...talk about money around here. So we pull into the VERY nice resort place that is lined with beautiful lit up palm trees, that has valet, and all the stuff rich people enjoy...so of course I was very confused what we were doing there :) So he had done a lot of research and this place did gondala rides! I was seriously giddy when he told me what we were doing, he has been to Italy and said the gondola ride was very cool so I have really wanted to go on one...they do them in Vegas too, and I finally got my turn! Adam really is quite the romantic guy, I just love him! It was funny because when we got on the boat the gondolier guy was asking questions to get to know us and asked where we met so we said BYU-Idaho and he was like "ohhhh ok, so your Mormon then??? So how many wives do you have?" Adam "just one..." gondolier "no really? I heard everyone in Idaho and Utah had a ton of different wives." At this point I was rolling my eyes getting annoyed that his ruining my birthday ride! And Adam just looks back at him and was like...uh 1 is enough for me. So then he proceeds to tell us he got married at this weird looking building that has 6 points and a guy on the top playing a trumpet...in Salt Lake. So then we got to talking and he served in the same mission as my dad, and he was a really nice guy. And he sang BEAUTIFULLY in Italian to us...so it was a GREAT night! Great birthday! Usually every year lately I complain about getting a year older, but I didn't this year because 25 was such a good year! There was so many great things that happened...so we'll see what 26 brings! :)











2 comments:

Mary Richardson said...

What a blast! I love all these pictures! You look gorgeous in every one! Cutest family ever! Besides mine of course :)

Kim and Jim said...

Not sure where Adam got his romantic side, runs in the family??? Looks like you guys are having fun, my little niece is getting soooo big. Can't wait to see you all again! Love you guys!