Friday, July 6, 2012

Trip to Texas

My parents came out to visit in June and it was so much fun! They got in Sunday night and we flew out Monday afternoon (after swimming of course!:) to Texas to see my Grandparents and family there. It was such a good trip! I am so grateful me and Brynlee were able to go see them. My poor Grandpa is not doing so well right now, a while ago he was diagnosed with Parkinsons, and we were actually very surprised at how poorly he was doing. It was very hard to see my Grandpa in this state. He is just one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. He didn't talk a whole lot the whole trip, he had to moved around in a wheel chair, and just sat in his chair the whole time because he was in so much pain. After we got back we found out that he has really bad bone cancer through out his body. Breaks my heart. But...like I said I am SO grateful we were able to make it out there to see them again!
 Brynlee Grandpa and Grandma on the plane

 Brynlee meeting Great Grandma Cupp for the 1st time
 Evan and Preston were able to come over for a couple of hours...it's always fun to see them! :)



 Cousins Thomas, his wife Jennifer, and Ashley & Ray. Their parents have about 30 real live Texas Longhorns :) It was fun to see them!



 Right before we left...it was sad to go.
 Oh and a great story about our flights...so the way out Brynlee did great! We had a later flight so she started getting fussy right as we were descending and then fell asleep for the last 20 minutes maybe...which I won't complain. I will say it was AMAZING flying with my parents and having two other people help entertain her. The flight back was over an hour delayed, while we were waiting there one of the guys that was on our flights was arrested and taken away in handcuffs which was a little scary...I'm glad he didn't get on the plane. So we finally get on the plane and I'm a little worried thinking we just wasted 1 good hour of Brynlee being good on the plane. Well she did amazing the whole flight! And right when we were about to descend, I felt her have a blow out on me...we were in the back of the plane and I was wearing khakis, so I had to walk all the way through the plane...with both of us having poopy pants. Finally got that taken care of and when we sat down Brynlee started SCREAMING uncontrollably! For probably 20 minutes...we think her ears were bothering her and maybe wouldn't pop. Right before we landed all of the sudden she just completely stopped and laid her head on my arm just look across from us and I was thinking...my goodness she is being so good! So I turn her around to face me and the projectile vomits ALL over me! Gross...but it was like a garden hose coming out of her mouth! I was honestly covered from my collar bone to my knees...so of course when we landed there was a little delay getting off the plane and I was getting SO frustrated because I stunk SO SO bad and was disgusting and was getting sick myself. So I walked off the plane looking like I peed myself...mind you I was wearing khakis which made it looks horrible...and I just wrapped one of Brynlee's blankets around me while I walked around the airport until we got our stuff and I could change. It was horrible! But I am glad  I had my parents there to help me after that too! :) 

No comments: