Thursday, October 7, 2010

Love. My. Job.

So this year I got a new job as the Rupert Elementary Secretary...and I love it!!! It is just the greatest job!! I just love all of the little kids they are just adorable! I've decided that I would just love to be a kindergarten teacher, those little kids are the cutest! But I have decided that if you want to feel great about yourself, work at an Elementary school...kids just seem to always look on the bright side and most the time are positive and nice to you :) No matter where I go in the school I ALWAYS hear how tall I am...especially when I walk down the kindergarten/1st grade hall they honestly cock their head all the way back so they are looking straight up at me and are like "YOU ARE SOOOOO TALL!!!!" And then as I walk away they are all talking about how gigantic I am. One time I walked into a first grade class and a little girl was like

"you are SOOOO tall"
me: "why yes I am"
girl: "is your husband tall??"
me: "yes he is...he is taller than I am"
girl: "WOW!!! He's taller than you!?!? You must have a HUUUUUGE bed!!!"

It's funny there's been a few little boys that will compliment my clothes, like one time this little kindergartener was like "that dress is sooo cuuuuuute! You look so pretty" Aww..that made my day. And here are a few more of my favorite sayings so far...

So there's a rumor going around the school that I was a cheerleader...tons of kids have asked me about it...

girl: (very cute...will probably be a cheerleader some day...was so excited when she asked me) "were you a cheerleader???"
me: no...I played sports
girl: (looking very disappointed) "well you look like you were a cheerleader...I wish you were a cheerleader"

I am also the school nurse, which is fun I like babying the little kiddos. One day a little girl was sick so I was calling her parents...

me: "do you know your phone number"
girl: : "yes"
me: "...ok....what is it?"
girl: "2"
me: "ok..."
girl: "1"
me: : "ok..."
girl: "thats it" (with a huge smile on her face that she knew her phone number)

I also had a little kindergarten boy that peed his pants so he was waiting for his Dad to bring a change of clothes so he was waiting back in the sick room, during lunch time...which is the busy time for the sick room. So as he was sitting there, there were like 3 kids that came in at the time and I was walking the into the sick room, and the little boys face just lit up and he was SO excited and was like "DID YOU GUYS PEE YOUR PANTS TOO?!?!?!?!"

Everyday I laugh at all the cute things that are said and done...never a dull moment.

5 comments:

Meagan said...

Hahahahaha. I loved this post. Little kids are hilarious. I'm so glad you love your job. I bet it's quite entertaining.

Eric and Hannah said...

Sounds like fun! I always thought it would be fun to work in an elementary school.

Swensons said...

When I was little and went there I SOOO wanted to be Mrs. Condie
( that is the lady who was the secretary back in the day)
I bet you rock at taking care of those little ones!
Coolest job by EVER

Rachel said...

That is so cute! I love to hear all the cute stories! Cant wait to see you in just a bit!

Mary Richardson said...

Haha you never told me these stories! All of those were so funny! I love little kids!