Friday, August 1, 2014

The Last Date Night With One Child

Adam has a coworker that just loves Brynlee! She offers all of the time to babysit her and we took her up on it so we could have one last date night before baby comes. It was/and is always so nice to get away for even a couple hours with just the two of us. We went to a nice little Tuscany restaurant by Adam's work, Brio, and had a lovely evening together. After dinner there was an amazing lightening storm that was happening, so went on the rooftop of the parking garage holding each other watching it. And like many times before talked about our excitment for having another kid, and about how scared we are! We've got this whole one kid thing down pretty good. Brynlee has become very independent, she can talk, use the bathroom by herself, gets food and drinks from the fridge, she will watch the ipad in the mornings on the weekend so we can sleep in a little longer (ha!) and she sleeps through the night. 
But, this has also been a pretty rough stage for me, but I know a lot of that has to do we me working so much on the house that she just watches movies all day so I can get as much done as I can. But either way, I have struggled so much my cute little now 3 year old. She's definitely got the tantrums and terrible 2's down to a T. So I've had SO much anxiety on how I'm going to be able to take care of another kid when I can't control the one I have already. I don't even want to think about going anywhere with two kids! Getting sleep at night, showing both of them equal attention, and we are SO nervous how Brynlee is going to react to not being the only child anymore. I've heard horror stories about jealousy issues and kids trying to get attention. Then for me, I'm extremely nervous about the labor and delivery! I've wanted to do a vbac SO bad! When I had Brynlee they told me that I could only have 3 kids since I had a c-section. I did not want anyone telling me how many kids I could or couldn't have because of the c-section, so I've been so determined to have a vbac. There are some risks, so that's been weighing on my mind also.
Despite all of the nerves and worries...I am SO excited to have another baby!! I can't wait to hold a precious baby in my arms again. I am so excited to see my two girls grow up together and hopefully have the same great relationship that I've had with my sisters. I can't wait to see Brynlee be a big sister and hopefully take such good care of her little sister. I'm excited to see Adam with another girl. He is such a good Dad, Brynlee loves him So much! Seriously his number one fan. It'll be fun to add one more in there. Here's to the next chapter in our wonderful lives!

No comments: