Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Day Adam Went Back to Work

I can even begin to say amazing it was to have Adam home! He was absolutely amazing, helping out with everything while he was here! I was kind of a nerd when I got home and still tried to do everything. After having a c-section I couldn't do anything! It was weeks before I wasn't always in pain. I couldn't lift anything and could barley walk. So when I came home from the hospital this time I felt invincible! I could walk, pick up my baby (and 3 year old) I felt like I could honestly do it all still. So the first day or say I was still trying to do everything and Adam would get so mad at me, ha. He would say "this is what I am here for, let me help you and do these things." It took a day or two before it did kind of catch up to me and I was feeling pretty sore. No complaints still though because it had nothing on a c-section recovery. But I decided to absolutely let him take care of me and pamper me. So on his break he did everything for Brynlee, cooked all meals, did dishes, cleaned, shopping, and anything else I needed. To say I was heartbroken he was going back to work was an understatement. I was SO nervous to get back to real life, and make it through a day by myself. When he was leaving to work I bawled like a baby and held onto him for dear life and didn't want to let go. He was still so sweet, he said if you need ANYTHING just call, and if you need me to come home I can. He said to make sure to take care of Brynlee first so she didn't feel neglected even if it meant Raegan had to cry a little. That definitely worked. It was a much better transition than I thought. That's the great thing about newborns, they sleep ALL day! So it makes it pretty easy to take care of two kids. And Brynlee was a rockstar! She helped with what she could and we tried to stay busy with fun things to do like painting, reading, going to the park, playing in her playroom...I even let her play with my makeup. I think her favorite thing though is cuddling with her sister. She is just so sweet with her! She asks all the time to hold her, and I love it!













No comments: